In 1923, Harley L. Campbell and his son John A. Campbell opened the H. L. Campbell and Sons Funeral Home at the corner of W. Main Street and Broadway. In 1925 Willard H. Campbell, the second son, joined the business. In 1926, they moved to 228 W. Main Street and operated from that location until the fall of 1940, when they purchased the home of Dr. W.E. Stephens at 319 N. Chestnut St., the present location. The building was built in 1822 and is the oldest brick structure still standing in Barnesville today.
Francis L. Plumly, married to the former Nancy Campbell, joined the firm in 1951 and the name was later changed to Campbell-Plumly Funeral Home.
In 1982, Ray. M. "Mel" Milburn joined the business and in 1988 he and his wife, the former Pamela Ball of Barnesville, purchased the business from Francis and Nancy Plumly. The name was changed to Campbell-Plumly-Milburn Funeral Home.
As we concluded our 100th year of operation in December of 2023, T. Chase Milburn and his wife, the former Brandi Gregor of Bethesda, purchased the business from his father. The Milburn Funeral Service Legacy will continue in Barnesville and surrounding communities.
We have been a family owned and operated business providing that personal touch to every family we serve for the last 100 years.